Like many things in life, tax preparation is much easier if you develop a good plan and habits. To start, there are a few things you should plan on doing every year to support healthy behaviors.
One problem people routinely deal with at tax season is simply finding all of their documents. This is especially true for things that you may get routinely throughout the year, not just at or near tax time.
- Create an easy filing system for:
- Charitable-giving records
- Tax-deductible business and travel expenses
- Tax-related spending that can be deductible, such as property and auto taxes and energy-efficient home items like windows and doors that qualify for tax credits
- Tax-deductible interest expenses, such as mortgage interest
Give us a call at GoldenstateCPAs and we will help you get organized and prepare your taxes